At West Vancouver Sports and Orthopedic Physiotherapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are happy to announce that the clinic will be reopening in a limited capacity on May 19, 2020 under the guidance of the the College of Physiotherapists on British Columbia and the Provincial Health Officer of British Columbia.
We are looking forward to safely welcoming you into the clinic for in-person appointments. We have been working on new measures to ensure personal safety and the safety of our physiotherapists and administative staff. Please be advised, we have the following protocols in place:
- We are requiring all patients to wear masks while in the clinic.
- Physical distancing from everyone except your physiotherapist
- Temporary suspension of online booking
- Streamlined arrival and departure procedures
- Increased cleaning and sanitization
We thank you in advance for your patience as we learn to navigate this new normal.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at West Vancouver Sports and Orthopedic Physiotherapy include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At West Vancouver Sports and Orthopedic Physiotherapy, we are prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
Upon our reopening we respectfully ask that our patients:
- Arrive at the clinic with their own face mask or facial covering
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At West Vancouver Sports and Orthopedic Physiotherapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey soon.
The team @ West Vancouver Sports and Orthopedic Physiotherapy